1/09/2008

November 2007 Newsletter

It is strange that time can seem to pass so quickly and yet so slowly. Here we are again at the beginning of another month, and so much has changed in the work an din our lives! Yet some things still are agonizingly slow. I guess that is part of life for everyone. For us, it seems like forever since we had our own pots and pans, and sheets, and all those nice things we enjoyed having in Buenos Aires. Our shipment still has not arrived, although it is in Brazil. It is d

elayed in customs, for how long, we don’t know. They said they would call us. So we wait. But we don’t do nothing!
The work here is going very well. We have finished the renovation of the building, and we now have offices! As I write this, I am sitting in my new office space, which is pretty hot considering it is summer here, and I have no fan. I can’t take all the credit, of course. One of our members, Adauto, has worked full time on the building for the last two months, with a visitor, Rovilson, and Francisco’s help, and we had a congregational workday last week in order to finish and clean every thing up. I hope you enjoy the pictures. We were able to pay a local graffiti artist to paint the front doors of the building, so we have some great name recognition value now! We still lack a proper sign, but keep that in prayer, and I know it will happen!
Once again, thanks, Mom, for your time with us. We were very blessed to have you with us. You were a great big help, at a time when we really needed it. Thanks! We will miss you, until next time!

Some great, late-breaking news is that I passed my motorcycle test, and they delivered my license! I can now ride my motorcycle all around Praia Grande. I rode it to work today! It was a great morning, with a cool breeze, so I took the road by the beach and was treated to some of God’s great morning handiwork as I went to work. I will be much more mobile now, and not leave Alley stranded, not to mention get better gas mileage. Did I mention that gas is over $5 a gallon here?
Here in Brazil they like to have holidays. They have Mother’s Day. They have Father’s Day. They have Children’s Day! That was a couple of weeks ago, and Aunt Priscila and Uncle Jefferson gave Jonathan and Stephanie a wonderful surprise!

In spite of not being completely moved into our house yet, we had the joy of hosting our small group last week. It was so nice to have good friends and family over for a devotional in our own living room, after nearly 5 months of transition!

Please keep us in your prayers, as we wait for the shipment to arrive. Please also pray for the work here to continue to grow and develop momentum. I believe God has great things in store for us here. If not he wouldn’t be opening so many doors and providing for our needs in such an obvious way. Pray for a great harvest here in Praia Grande!


Chris, Alley, Jonathan, and Stephanie Kelley

No comments: